Everyone at the table has a chance to roll the dice but have to follow certain rules. You cannot just pick up the dice and do what you want with them. The stickperson will send you five dice and you pick two. The stickperson will take back the other three then it’s time to shoot. Follow these rules when handling the dice:
- Do not go hand ot hand with the dice – Once you pick up the dice with one hand do not switch them to the other hand. Keep them in the same hand! If you want to switch hands, simply place the dice back on the table and pick them up with your other hand.
- Keep the dice over the table – Do not grab the dice then turn around because the beverage server is coming around asking for drinks. If something is so imperative that you need to turn around, either keep your arm stretched out over the table or put the dice down and do what you gotta do.
- Hit the back wall with both dice – The back wall would be the wall on the opposite side that you are shooting from. It is not the wall closest to you. If you do not hit the back wall with both dice it is still considered a roll but you may be reminded by one of the dealers or the box to try and hit the back wall.
- Do not pick anything up with the hand you have the dice in – Many people will pick up the dice and be ready to shoot but then decide they want to make a last minute bet. What do they do? They reach into the rail with the dice and pick up some chips to make a bet. This is common but a no-no. Use your other hand or put the dice back down.
- Throw them down the middle of the table – There will be many times where the table is filled with bets and there might not be any other option but to hit some chips but please do not try to hit bets on purpose. Specifically: do not throw the dice in the Place bet area. When these chips get hit they very easily get mixed together and it becomes hard for the dealer to determine whose chips belong to whom. Nobody wants arguing at the table. Please try to not hit the mirror. When the dice hit the mirror they begin to chip and after enough abuse the dice will need to be replaced. It causes the game to stop so they can put on a new set and slows the game down.
- Same Dice – If you happen to throw one or both of the dice off the table the stickperson will dump the bowl and you will have to pick two more. If you want the same die/dice you must tell the dealer “Same Dice” before they dump the bowl in order to get your same dice back.
When your turn to shoot is over the dice will move to the next person in a clockwise position. The stickman will dump the bowl so there are once again five dice and the next shooter will get to pick their own two and establish a Point